• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

white spotted robin (1 Viewer)

Hox

Today out on my year round water feature a surprise for me as a lifetime bird watcher I seen a once in a life time robin im sure of. This robin was in a flock of about 50 or so birds all where robins with their grey and orange typical robin colors, they where all taking baths and drinking and eating my crab apples off the tree that over hangs the water feature, as I was watching out my big bay window about 5 feet from the water feature I seen it a robin with a much lighter grey and a lighter orange breast and to top it all off it had dime to nickle size bright white spots all over it, the spots where not even and they where not all the same shape or size,some being jagged and some being more round, trust me i made a dash for the camera but was to late!
I do live in Boise Idaho and about this time of year the robins seem to flock at my house to get the water i keep going all year round.

Hey Hox, Dunno what that could be without a picture, have you thought of Varied Thrush, sometimes get quite far south in winter I believe.

Cheers G

White-spotted Robin

Sorry for re-hashing an old thread, but I have never seen a robin like this before. I saw this in my neighborhood in Yankton, SD about 1 month ago. I am sure many of you have seen something similar. How common is this mutation?

I snapped some pictures with my iPhone, so I apologize for the quality.

Attachments

• photo 1A.jpg
    photo 1A.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 330
  • photo 2A.jpg
    photo 2A.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 238
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back