• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panama map (1 Viewer)

Hi, Etudiant,

I enjoyed reading about your trip to Panama! I have been to Costa Rica and to Ecuador, but reading your list makes me think maybe I will have to consider doing a trip to Panama.

Thanks!

Hi Larry,
Panama was just right, very comfortable travel and lots of birds. I've not yet been to Ecuador or Costa Rica, but expect to
return to Panama next year for birding with the same guide in Chiriqui Province, close to Costa Rica, hoping for Quetzals.

The guide makes the trip for an inexperienced visitor to the neotropics like myself. Jacobo Ortega guided our little group splendidly. He knows the territory inside and out, having worked with the Smithsonian research group for years, can mimic the appropriate birdsong to bring skittish birds close and has remarkable spotting skills.
Reviewing our trip, we did not see anything surprising or rare, but we got good looks at an excellent cross section of the local avifauna. That was exactly what our group had hoped for.

It did sound like you had a very enjoyable time seeing the various birds and other things of interest while you were "down south".

Also, you wrote a very readable account of your trip!

We just returned from Panama & rented a car. Beware the auto insurance cost us over $600 for 11 days. We went through two Thrifty cars - both broke.

We just returned from Panama & rented a car. Beware the auto insurance cost us over $600 for 11 days. We went through two Thrifty cars - both broke.

Wow, that sounds like some bad luck!

Exactly to avoid such surprises, I often search through Carrentals.co.uk and among the offers look for those where full insurance coverage with 0 excess is included in the cost.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back