• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digital to slides (1 Viewer)

Ruby

Hi,

I imagine that there are plenty of people out there who offer a facility to convert prints and slides to digital images, but does anyone know if you can do the reverse??

A friend needs images on slides for talks etc, but can see the advantages of digital photography over films, particularly when it comes to trying to capture images of birds!!

Would it be possible to convert digital images onto slides, and if so, any ideas of anyone who might offer this facility and at what cost??

Thanks... Ruby

I to have a friend who needs to do this. So if there is an easy answer, I'll be very interested to hear it.

I gather that this is a service that is rarely available. You can however display digital images on a digital "slide" projector. A work colleague gave a very impressive & professional slide show on the Zulu wars after a holiday in South Africa using his holiday pictures presented on screen through powerpoint -you can add music/birdcalls, etc. Digital projectors are not as cheap as analogue slide projectors though the price is falling all the time.

Hi Steve,

Yes. I think the problem with going this route would be the initial set-up costs.... not only for the digital projector but also to convert lots of existing slides back to digital....

As you say though, the results are very good and it may be a question of 'biting the bullet' eventually

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you find related threads, or hopefully related. I posted a link to a company that offers this service before.
Micro-quiz Ltd
35 Shrewsbury Road,
Worksop,
Notts.
S80 2PA

www.35mm-slides.net or www.micro-quiz.co.uk

There is a phone number but I'm loathe to post it on here, contact me if you need it

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back