• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Thread For Birdpotter (1 Viewer)

A"ight my Homies.
Here are a few things. I'll get photos of the other stuff in a day or so.
I think I am going to start putting my birds on branch like pedestals. I finally have the time to work the clay in a patient manner, meaning I won't feel rushed to get something out, which I've been dealing with for the last, geez, 6 or 7 years.
I've got some mugs in the kiln right now (it's at 372 degrees F) that I will pull out tonight. I think they will be pretty cool and fun. Gotta make stuff that's gonna sell.

Ummm, I think that's all I have to say right now. Thanks for all the input!

LUV
Beth

Attachments

• blackcrow.jpg
    blackcrow.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 49
  • flyinggull.jpg
    flyinggull.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 42
  • redcrow2.jpg
    redcrow2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 48
  • flyingull2.jpg
    flyingull2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 38
Oh, and I love that everyone saw birds in that painting.
Just recently I created some test ornaments for some holiday showcase coming up. They were suppose to be non-objective. I was to make the shapes and a friend is going to paint them. Well, guess what they look like? No, not cats...birds. go figure.

Oh wow, Beth - these are simply superb! Primal and iconic - they scream of the essence of birds Very, very elegant and extremely beautiful - these are art-forms and commercial items at the same time. . . beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

yes elegant and energetic at the same time...will be a subtle balance not to have the pedestal overtake the bird, and the integration on the third one is perfect, tho the first one is my fave with the glossy glaze contrasted with the base.

Tim, primal and iconic is exactly what I want from these birds. Thank you...you know me too well.

I like bird #3 too...it has a quality of depth in the clay that I enjoy.

Thank you Colleen, I really like the shininess of the first one too...I don't use that glaze much, but when I do, I make sure it's purpose is for the good. ;)

I'm not sure I know "primal and iconic" when I see it (them)! Aren't they characters in one of the "BritComs" we get here on PBS??? But your sculptures are terrific, Beth.

I'm not sure I know "primal and iconic" when I see it (them)! Aren't they characters in one of the "BritComs" we get here on PBS??? But your sculptures are terrific, Beth.

'Primal and Iconic'....a new comedy double act...? ;)

Serious comment: brilliant sculptures....:t:

Oh wow, Beth - these are simply superb! Primal and iconic - they scream of the essence of birds Very, very elegant and extremely beautiful - these are art-forms and commercial items at the same time. . . beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

I'm so glad Tim's words sum up what I feel about these lot - saves me a lot of typing. They look so tactile, they really make me want to get some clay and squeeze it about a bit. Pure pleasure.

Great stuff Beth! You always manage to express a sense of connection to the subject and to the clay itself. It's like you just 'think' these forms into existence. More! More!

Mike

Great, now I have all sorts of images for the sitcom of "Primal and Iconic". Thanks!
I'll be posting more soon...soon. Haven't done anything this week except work on building my deck, WHICH is finished, thank god. Ugh, I so want to get back into the studio!

Hi Beth from a newbie on the forum. Nice to see another Pacific Northwesterner here. Your work is great - nice to see the sculptures in particular; not sure I've seen sculpture featuring birds before, it's great! Keep posting.

Here are a few mugs that I am trying out. I like them. This is the first 'batch'. Unfortunately, because I am left-handed, as I created them, I forgot that there were right-handed people out there, so...well, if you hold a mug with your right hand, you might get poked in the eye.
I made a little bird sculpture that turned out fine with the exception of it tipping over in the kiln because it was a tad top heavy.
Oh and the first photo is my typical pots with birds on them. They're working out fine.

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0024.JPG
    DSC_0024.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 39
Here's a small fountain. I'm messing with the idea. It's a test fountain. And yes, it looks like a frickin' ashtray, I know. So if the fountain doesn't work then I'll just add it to my collection.

Peace out Homies.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 41
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back