• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird call id - London UK today (1 Viewer)

Tim100

This is what I wrote down :-

Pattern 1-2-3

1 and 2 short, 3 slightly longer (but still short) fading out (so ruled out chaffinch and it sound different anyway). Medium paced, certainly not fast.

Thin high pitched and relatively strong. Clean, not chirpy.

Not as loud or melodious as starling. Nor as melodious as dunnock.

Stronger than blue title and goldfinch, not as piercing as Great Tit.

I can't match it to anything on xeno canto yet.

Anyone ?

Thanks for replies.

Coal Tit the closest, but their notes sound in and out (parabolic shape on xeno canto) as pairs, whereas this bird was pushing each note, and each was distinct from the previous.

Chiffchaff and Goldcrest tempo is too slow for what I heard.

I would say definitely not a LTT.

If you listen to 18 sec to 21 seconds of this Robin recording, draw out the gaps between each note a bit and make it less descending at the end and each note more prominent, that is pretty close. The melodious quality of robin is about right for what I heard)

Does this make it robin or something else ?

http://www.xeno-canto.org/314987

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back