• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone with opinions on Kyocera Finecam L4V? (1 Viewer)

Alan.

At the bird fair on the Zeiss stand there was a man from Contax/Kyocera - Germany. He was demonstrating not only the Contax SLR, but also the Finecam. He used the Finecam on the Zeiss 85mm scope & vario eyepiece, He produced better quality images with this camera when compared against cameras from other recognised manufacturers (it would be incorrect to name them). The Finecam also competed with the Contax SLR (and that takes some doing).

Alan,

Try the following two websites for camera reviews.

I have had a quick look and it appears that this camera cannot take any screw attachment on the lens so you would have to figure something out for pushing any adapter on, as you say.

Can I ask, is it the price that is attracting you to this camera? It certainly looks a good price for a 4MP camera.

I would look at the Canon A70 as well. It's only 3.2MP, but it does take a lens thread adapter, as does my G3, so you may be able fit something more securely onto the lens.

Also, I would advise to shop around. Find the best price you can and then get Jessops to price-match. I saved £130 by doing this.

The memory card used by the Kyocera is a specific type, like the Sony stick, and may prove restrictive when you come to upgrade the camera. Using something like Compact Flash or Smart Media, which most cameras use, may be the best option.

http://www.dpreview.com/

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back