• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x32 BLs - any problems (1 Viewer)

8x32 BLs - any problems?

Hi guys,

I've just ordered a pair of Min 8x32 BR BLs from Warehouse Express. I haven't had a chance to look through any yet, due to time and location constraints, so I was wondering if anyone could flag up any issues that often occur with this model/range, so I can check I don't have a duff pair?

I've not really looked critically through any bins in this price range, so I'm not sure what to expect, so bear that in mind if you could.

see http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=62361 for thread on the decision process.

Cheers in advance.

You can't skip the time test. You have to take them out and be comfortable with them for hours. I have more problems staring close up to a birds than far away. Alignment problems will give you eye strain.

Last edited:
Good choice!
When you get them, sit confortably in a chair outside and try to read the newspaper and the field guide from 20 meters away, and adjust the diopter for your eyes. Do not twist the diopter more than you should: in inexpensive roofs binoculars you might end up with the whole thing comming off. I don't know if that is the case with the BL.
If everything works, take them for a spin and get used to them. You will figure out for yourself if you have a good pair or not, but please come back and let us know.
Have fun in the Seychelles.

I think at the price they are excellent value for money - quite superb. Magnificent close focussing......but for bird watching i still tend to use my unfashionable viking 10 x 45's becaus i just dont find any 8 x 32's give you the detail you want unless a bird is about 6 feet away.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back