• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop CS5 tutorials specific to birds/mammals (1 Viewer)

safariranger

Hi, I am trying to find any tutorials on CS5 that are more directly related to working on bird and or mammal photos.

I have the book "Photoshop CS5 book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby, but I find most of his book, although very user friendly works more on portraits, landscapes etc. which don't always apply to bird photos.

Any advice?

Thank you

Recommend the book "Photoshop CS5 for Nature Photographers" by Ellen Annon and Josh Annon.

Scott Kelby's books are good for general photography but he has been putting all his energy into studio photography and portraiture of a type and some of the approaches with people cross over but nature photography is a great deal more demanding, technically speaking. Dealing with wide dynamic range issues for example never comes up in the controlled environment of a studio with flash gear but is common in outdoor photography.

Photoshop provides many ways to do the same thing and it depends upon the subject and the situation as to which is more effective in terms of time required and the effect achieved. Wedding, fashion, commercial, and nature photographers face different challenges and use different approaches both before snapping the shutter (like using a graduated ND filter) and afterwards in post processing.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back