• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

older spotters... Zeiss vs. swaro? (1 Viewer)

handwerk

Which used 65mm scope would you pick if they were priced close, the swaro being a couple hundred more?
12 year old zeiss diascope FL or 8 year old swaro non HD

Both of the scopes you mention are very good, the important thing is condition. A well looked after scope will last a lifetime, whereas one used in sea air and bashed about will be in trouble very quickly.
As well as the Zeiss and Swaro, don't forget Leica's Televid APO. Every bit as good as the others and hold their price very well. Built like a tank!

Sandy

I've had the Zeiss 65 for getting on 10 years. Nice scope, zoom good to about 35x and usable to 45x in good light. I like it best with the 23x WA lens which is sharp edge to edge. I've always preferred the Zeiss 'warmer' colour to the bluer cast of the others (to the extent that I've now got the Diascope 85mm), but that's a real personal preference. If you have the opportunity look through some to see which your eyes prefer.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back