• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any opinions on the Infinity 8.5 x 45? (1 Viewer)

Mike Jarvis

I'm looking at buying a mid priced pair of binoculars and the best ones I have seen so far in the store are the Infinity 8.5 x 45. Any opinions on how they rate with other binoculars of similar size and price?

I'm looking at buying a mid priced pair of binoculars and the best ones I have seen so far in the store are the Infinity 8.5 x 45. Any opinions on how they rate with other binoculars of similar size and price?

I have tied infinity and legend in store. Surprisingly, Legend seems to be a better of the two

the new legends with hd glass are pretty good, i think their better than the infinity's and much cheaper. look at the new legend HD'S, i dont think you'll be disapointed at all. You could also check out the Zen ray line of bino's, they are getting some awesome reviews from everywhere and i dont think i've heard any negative reviews about them.

Thanks for comments. I read about the Legend Ultra HD on this forum so got a price from the local store - $790! They had a pair of Infinity 8.5x45 for $545. Have decided on a pair of Zen-Ray 8x43 ED2.

Hi there. I am a peace corps volunteer in The Gambia west africa, which is apparently a mecca for birding. I have never been into it before, but the birds here are too cool not to look at. The rest of nature here is also pretty cool. I have a crappy compact set of bins and am looking for a decent set. I have no opportunity to try any so i have to go by reviews and recommendations. The infinity 8.5x45 seemed like a solid all-purpose choice but y'all have me contemplating the legend ultra hd. People seem to think the image is better with the legend and the field of view is numerically superior. Can anyone provide a comparison? The msrp for the infinity is much higher but the street prices are comparable. Thanks folks!

The larger size offers really nothing much more. It has guy appeal, like a 10x50 heavy porro. For birding, 8x42 is sufficient. If that does not give enough power, for plains and grasslands for example, then 10x42 is what you need. The 8.5x is very much like 8x.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back