• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swollen Eyes (1 Viewer)

Doug

I bought a new pair of Leica 10 x 42 bins last year and when I use them my eyelids and upper cheeks swell and go puffy. Has anyone else experienced this? It goes down gradually over a few hours following birding.

No such experience - I have Leica 10x42 and I know others who have them. Is it possible you are allergic to something in the casing? If it continues it might be worth arranging a doctor's appointment and making sure you have the symptoms when you see him by using the bins just before. Hope you work this out.

Robin

Wow I’ve never heard of that before.
I hope you manage to sort it put.
I can't image anything much worse than be allergic to my bins.

Rich

Most definitely sounds like an allergic reaction. Best to have it checked out... you don't want something like that affecting your eyes. Let us know what you find out.

Well if there is any latex in the rubber eye cups it's possible that you are one of the few that have a severe reaction to it. If this is the case you will not build up an immunity to it and it will only get worse so I would call the manufacturer to find out just what the eye cups are made of.

Kevin - I thought to say this earlier, but you can buy, cosmetic glasses, ie just plain glass in nice frames.

Thaks for your suggestions everyone - I will contact Leica and see what they suggest and have achat with the doctor next time I go

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back