• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Kent (1 Viewer)

t55utton

Hello from Kent in England. I am Tom and ive been birding for nearly 2 years now. Currently trying to spot my first ever wild owl. Patience is a virtue.

Look forward tochatting to you guys on here.

Hi Tom and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Tom, I’m sure you will find us a friendly group. Welcome!

Hello Tom. Welcome to Birdforum.

The Isle of Sheppey is a good place for Barn Owls and Short eared Owls (also Long eared). Either Elmley or the road to Harty Ferry Road is best. Dungeness can be good for Little Owls.

The Kent Ornithological Society (Kentos) is a good place to look for information. The Society also has indoor meetings and field visits.

Last edited:

The IsVictoria.
le of Sheppey is a good place for Barn Owls and Shot eared Owls (also Long eared). Either Elmley or the road to Harty Ferry Road is best. Dungeness can be good for Little Owls.

The Kent Ornithological Society (Kentos). is a good place to look for information. the Society also have indoor meetings and field visits.

The Kent Ornithological Society maintains an excellent webpage which has plenty of information (see https://kentos.org.uk) and organises regular field trips which welcome birders of all levels. Contra the above, however, the society no longer has regular monthly indoor meetings but you've just missed an excellent KOS conference held in Canterbury earlier this month. Don't worry as another is planned for 2018. The KOS also has an excellent presence on Facebook.

The IsVictoria.
le of Sheppey is a good place for Barn Owls and Shot eared Owls (also Long eared). Either Elmley or the road to Harty Ferry Road is best. Dungeness can be good for Little Owls.

The Kent Ornithological Society (Kentos). is a good place to look for information. the Society also have indoor meetings and field visits.

Thanks for the tips. I've enjoyed the pleasure or Elmley. Was lucky enough to spot bearded tits there. I have heard Sheppey is excellent for all types of birds of prey.

My local patches are Northward Hill and Cliffe Pools where I know little owls and barn owls are regularly spotted.

The Kent Ornithological Society maintains an excellent webpage which has plenty of information (see https://kentos.org.uk) and organises regular field trips which welcome birders of all levels. Contra the above, however, the society no longer has regular monthly indoor meetings but you've just missed an excellent KOS conference held in Canterbury earlier this month. Don't worry as another is planned for 2018. The KOS also has an excellent presence on Facebook.

Thank you for the correction John.

Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back