• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Crimson Majesty" by Marc A. Barger (1 Viewer)

Tupelo gum wood and acrylic paints. Everything is carved. Made him a little puffed up like he's catchin' some rays and at ease sort of sittin' down. This piece was originally designed to be displayed hung on a wall but the collector that purchased it wanted the option to have it free standing also so I put the base on it.

Attachments

• Crimson Majesty smaller.jpg
    Crimson Majesty smaller.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 132
  • front gradient 800.jpg
    front gradient 800.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 136
  • straight on front gradient small.jpg
    straight on front gradient small.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 125
marcbarger said:
Tupelo gum wood and acrylic paints. Everything is carved. Made him a little puffed up like he's catchin' some rays and at ease sort of sittin' down. This piece was originally designed to be displayed hung on a wall but the collector that purchased it wanted the option to have it free standing also so I put the base on it.
Your carvings are superb. It's an enviable talent you have there. It's something I've wanted to have a go at for a long time now.

Lovely bird, great perch, well done!

Woody

This is gtreat - you've really got the subtle changes in the red tones in the cardinal's plumage perfectly. The bird looks natural and relaxed - excellent work.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back