• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NEW Leica Televid - armouring (1 Viewer)

bunny

I'm really tempted by the new Leica Televid 82. I see it is only going to be released in black rubber armour.

My Ultravids are green, so it would be neat if the scope matched them.

I notice that the new uLtravid HDs are only in black for the moment. Could this be a trend with Leica to make green products less widely available once more?

Either way, I can see it happening - the new Televid is released, I buy it, in black, and a year or so later Leica decide to other a gorgeous green version.

Anyone got any thoughts or insider knowledge?

Look through the scope, not at it. That is its purpose.

Joe

When you're paying over a £1000 for a piece of equipment, I think one has the right to be picky about the colour of the armouring.

Like a car - it's for driving right? So why worry when the dealer says ''Oh you can have this Mercedes Benz S600 in any colour, as long as its black!''

Get the point?

Very much doubt that it will be available in another colour - most sports optics companies are reviewing their range and cutting costs, they would look at it in the current world economic climate as a non starter.....Leica made the previous rang in a limited grey rubber armouring / Nikon have stopped the pink ED50/ Zeiss sell 1 in 10 green Diascopes to the silver in the UK.
Additionally though, stay on cases hide the colour of the body if used, what colour are the new Leica cases?

Very much doubt that it will be available in another colour - most sports optics companies are reviewing their range and cutting costs, they would look at it in the current world economic climate as a non starter.....Leica made the previous rang in a limited grey rubber armouring / Nikon have stopped the pink ED50/ Zeiss sell 1 in 10 green Diascopes to the silver in the UK.
Additionally though, stay on cases hide the colour of the body if used, what colour are the new Leica cases?

The new scopes will only be available in black armour, and the stay-on-cases are black in the brochure.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back