• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ18 or FZ28? (1 Viewer)

boingbirder

I am considering buying a Panasonic FZ 28 camera but being pretty well a complete novice with regard to cameras and their associated equipment ( as well as not having much money to spend)I would appreciate any advice regarding the following points

For birding purposes is the fact that the FZ28 has a smaller viewfinder than the FZ18 a real problem?
Does the OLympus TCON-17(1.7X) fit the FZ28 as well as the FZ18?( if so, is this the best of the cheaper converters or are there other compatible ones?)
Any reasonably reliable suppliers out there at the cheaper end of the price range for these items?

cheers!

I only have experience with my FZ18, not with the FZ28. I use the viewfinder all the time; I would have a problem with the FZ28 if the viewfinder is less usable; non-birding reviews indicate that may be the case.

Niels

Any Panasoic Fz28 users out there?

Thanks for letting me have your experience with the Z18, Niels.
One problem in buying the Z18 seems to be that there are not many around to buy now.
If I do end up buying the ZF28 instead I think I also need to know whether the cheaper Olympus TCON 1.7 will fit it, as it does the FZ18.

Hopefully some one out there will be able to let me know.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back