• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UTA Adapter (1 Viewer)

Anybody ever seen one of these in action? I'm a sucker for a (well designed) gadget ;)

Anderssehen show it on their website

http://anderssehen.eu/epages/91a5f6...f699-6bf2-4305-be9b-98f1fd394bc1/Products/UTA

There are/were two versions of them; EL and SV.
Since the SV is more slim in regards to the EL they applied thicker rubber on this unit.
This resulted in the possibility that the EL unit fits the 50mm SV excellent.
So you have the EL version for the 42EL and 50SV and the other version strictly for the 42SV.

Jan

Thanks Jan

Could these be discontinued? I can't find any sign of them on Swarovski's website or anywhere else. Anderssehen also appear to be out of stock. Curious, as I've never come across them before.

Thanks Jan

Could these be discontinued? I can't find any sign of them on Swarovski's website or anywhere else. Anderssehen also appear to be out of stock. Curious, as I've never come across them before.

Youll have to find a dealer who still has them in stock, but I was in the understanding that you found an way to purchase one.
Otherwise you do have to come to the land of the wooden shoes;)

It seems the UTA adaptor is very specific to certain models.

I found a nice universal binocular adaptor, the wooden Berlebach model.
It has a nice rubber strap that adapts to all binoculars.
Stable and secure. Around $40.00 US.

I will not post a link. Just do a search for yourself.

Jerry

Think I'll get whittling, if Jan can carve his own footwear ;) I should be able to fashion something that works. If it turns out OK I may try something more ambitious - maybe a nice wooden hat? 8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back