• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pied Wagtail Attack! Bird Behaviour (1 Viewer)

Fuchsia

Bug Babe
Evening,
I got an email from my mother today asking for help as follows...

"I have a query for you. For the last three weeks we have been having attacks from a pied wagtail. Every morning at about 5.30 a.m. he or she flies up to our bedroom window and dabs twice then lands again. It does this over and over again leaving a secretion on the window so you can hardly see out. I have tried putting a towel over the window but he just moves below. We can only think he can see himself in the glass but in 21 years this is the first time it has happened. He is like a mini helecopter and at first it was quite amusing but now it has become a pest as we can't get any sleep for it. Can you ask you expert friends about this?"

So there you are! Any advice gratefully received.

Ta
Jen :hippy:

Fuchsia said:
Evening,

So there you are! Any advice gratefully received.

Ta
Jen :hippy:

Never experienced anything like this from a Pied Wagtail...

Mebbe as your Mother lives in Yorkshire...the poor thing is cold!!! ;)

Dave.

Yorkshire Wagtails are hard Dave.
Reflection enemy is all I can think K. Or maybe it's just bonkers!
Apparently they had a good morning's sleep after hanging a sheet over the whole window last night.

Ta
Jen :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back