Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 13th July 2017, 09:35   #76
Kenj

Alway wear a wrist watch Apple very occasionally mostly Rolex seadweller never use the mobile phone time?
As I repair watches and clocks it's another interest
Old Friday 6th October 2017, 18:56   #77
peter.jones
You may say I'm a dreamer.. but I'm not the only one

I went 20 years without a watch, favouring mobile phones for the time. I recently bought a citizen watch for my work long service award.

I love it, I got the one with Bluetooth connectivity to my mobile, so it buzzes, and chimes whenever I get messages or phone calls.
The other big advantage is that the phone battery lasts much longer now, as I'm no longer checking it constantly. Bluetooth is not most reliable connection, but it seems to do quite well paired to my phone, and it lets me know if the connection is lost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171006_184729~3.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	642126  

Last edited by peter.jones : Friday 6th October 2017 at 18:59.
Old Friday 6th October 2017, 20:32   #78
andyadcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.jones View Post
I went 20 years without a watch, favouring mobile phones for the time. I recently bought a citizen watch for my work long service award.

I love it, I got the one with Bluetooth connectivity to my mobile, so it buzzes, and chimes whenever I get messages or phone calls.
The other big advantage is that the phone battery lasts much longer now, as I'm no longer checking it constantly. Bluetooth is not most reliable connection, but it seems to do quite well paired to my phone, and it lets me know if the connection is lost.
Is this the modern equivalent of a gentleman of a cartain age, coming home with a 25 year old blond?

A
Old Friday 6th October 2017, 22:04   #79
peter.jones

Has your missus dyed her hair again:)
Old Saturday 7th October 2017, 12:02   #80
andyadcock

Quote:
Has your missus dyed her hair again:)
Doesn't need to, genuine blonde....

A
Old Thursday 12th October 2017, 14:49   #81
peter.jones

Quote:

Also it runs off solar, which I was sceptical about initially, but the battery seems to stay topped up, even with minimal outdoor use. We'll see how it does thru the winter months!

Last edited by peter.jones : Thursday 12th October 2017 at 14:52.
Old Thursday 12th October 2017, 16:55   #82
Torview

Pretty much the only thing that`s had wrist time since getting it is my Hamtun H1, unbelievable for the money, all sold now and impossible to find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020378.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	642798  
Old Wednesday 18th October 2017, 09:07   #83
andyadcock

Quote:
Also it runs off solar, which I was sceptical about initially, but the battery seems to stay topped up, even with minimal outdoor use. We'll see how it does thru the winter months!
I have a calculator which is over 20 years old and with a solar battery which has NEVER failed. Especially during darker days, get in the habit of putting your watch on a window sill when you can, seems to be able to get something when we can perceive no sun. Seems to have worked with my calculator and your watch will have a much better battery presumably.

A
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 20:53   #84
Zackiedawg

To revive a long-running thread that hasn't had a post in a few weeks - I was entertained reading through it as I am a watch collector, minor-league. I've always loved watches of all types and prices, and am never happy with just one or two - I alternate watches each day during the week and weekends I pick the watch based on the activity.

Current watches include a Breitling B1, Vanceur Royal Castle, Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16, Citizen EcoDrive BL5400 Perpetual Calendar, Citizen EcoDrive BM8475, Bulova 98D109, vintage Seiko 5 Automatic, Disney Mickey watch (a classic!), LAD Weather digital Compass/Weather, 1980s Soviet 'Rocket' watch, and a Yes! Kundalini.

When birding, I often pick the Citizen EcoDrive Perpetual chrono, because it's simple, inexpensive, solar powered, waterproof and can take a beating...sometimes I choose the Yes! Kundalini because it has a great display of sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset, and phase, so I can see exactly when golden hours and sunsets will be for photography.

My oldest watch Seiko 5 which I've had since 1976. I've had numerous Casio G-Shocks, and a mix of other random cheap watches that I just liked the design on, from Lucien Piccard to Nautica to Casio to Timex...most of those either sitting in a drawer without a band or thrown away if they busted and weren't worth the money to fix.

Zackiedawg's Photography Gallery
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: