• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TLS APO plus Panasonic GX7 (1 Viewer)

chrisemm

Dear all,
I was wondering whether the Swarovski TLS APO will be recognised by the Panasonic GX7 camera when attached via a T2 adapter? Will features like focus peaking be available when using the TLS APO/GX7 combination?
Many thanks!
Christoph

Dear all,
I was wondering whether the Swarovski TLS APO will be recognised by the Panasonic GX7 camera when attached via a T2 adapter? Will features like focus peaking be available when using the TLS APO/GX7 combination?
Many thanks!
Christoph

It should behave the same as attaching another brand of lens using an adapter. Panasonic have a setting "Shoot W/O Lens" and you select ON if you are going to attach the TLS APO. All functions should work, except AF of course.
Neil.

Toss apo with gx7

The answer is yes...focus peaking works fine with apo. Just starting to use gx7 on new Swarovski 95 stx and discovering good and maybe things to work on. Anyone got this combination? Would love to discuss. For birding mostly with focus ('scuse the pun) on image quality, focus at long telephoto etc. Tx...sorry unable to edit title. Auto spell checker also mucked up my title. Did not suggest tossing apo...meant to say "TLS apo with gx7"...not "Toss apo with gx7" !!!

Last edited:
Yesterday I bought the GX7. I use it on my Swarovski 95 stx, but not with the TLS apo. I use the 20 mm f/1.7 pancake lens. A 30x magnification of the 95 stx plus the 30 mm TLS apo will give a 35 mm equivalent tele length of 1800 mm, which I find is to long for birds nearby. I have used this new camera for only an hour yesterday, but already noticed that the photo quality is clearly better then the GX1 I used before. And focus peaking works very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back