• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Injured Baby Black bird - Advice needed =) (1 Viewer)

apple_head

Hi Everyone

I need some advice on an injured bird we've got in our care (temporarily).

Two of my sisters friends bought an injured baby black bird to our house (they couldnt find the nest and it was in danger where it was and they knew were bird keepers so they thought that was the best option even though ive read that it isnt always a good idea to keep them)

it doesn't look seriously injured and there is no loss of feathers or anything,

but whenever its on its own on the ground he's only using his right side to move around, its almost as if his entire left side has gone limp and he's laying on his left side as he's moving and cannot get up to fly :(

At the moment we have it in a box full of hay and have put a bowl of water and some bird seed in there for him and hoping his condition improves before we try and get him to a vet. He's just laying there but still breathing and hanging on in there.

What advice can you guys here give? I'd hate to see the poor little guy suffer or put down?? :(

Many Thanks for reading :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back