• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Duck Specialty Field Guide - Suggestions (1 Viewer)

HeadWest

Hi All,

I recently picked up my first specialty field guide, The Shorebird Guide (O'Brien, Crossley, Karlson). It's a really great book that has proven incredibly helpful. I'm looking to pick up additional specialty guides, and would like one on ducks. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info for a good one on ducks. Hoping to get some good suggestions here.

Thanks,

Conor
California

Wildfowl of Europe, Asia and North America by Sebastien Reeber and published by Helm is one of the best identification guides to any group of birds ever. Absolutly brilliant.

Wildfowl of Europe, Asia and North America by Sebastien Reeber and published by Helm is one of the best identification guides to any group of birds ever. Absolutly brilliant.

The North American version has a slightly different title: Waterfowl of North America, Europe and Asia. Must be the same book but looks very different with its combination of different title and cover illustrations. Published by Princeton Univ. Press 2016, thus about a year later, but same number of pages.

Last edited:
The North American version has a slightly different title: Waterfowl of North America, Europe and Asia. Must be the same book but looks very different with its combination of different title and cover illustrations. Published by Princeton Univ. Press 2016, thus about a year later, but same number of pages.

Interesting, thanks for pointing that out. And it's cheaper!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back