• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding by Points 2010 (1 Viewer)

Realised I haven't submitted my score so far 1935 highlights including Goshawk, Lapland Bunting, BNgrebe, Slav Grebe, Great Grey Shrike and Long Eared Owl

Birding over the weekend saw Irelands 2nd Pacific diver go on my list, along with self found long tailed ducks.

Counting the Baikal Teal as a 2nd Irish also puts me on 3230.

Owen

Hi all , added Ring-Billed Gull and Med Gull which brings my total to : 1790 i have added a couple of posts on my blog about my day out at Southend Gull searching and also the first part of " My Top 20 birds in Kent " please feel free to check it out and any comments are always welcome :t::t::t:

http://robs-birding.blogspot.com/

Crawling up to 2295 for me...

Latest red-necked grebe, tawny owl, hen harrier, golden plover, avocet, American wigeon and goshawk.

thanks for sending the xls.
1595 w/o any bonuses (I doubt I'm eligible for any)

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. Yes Pariah, I would give Baikal Teal 90 points. Welcome new players.

1 SEAN F 3220 latest: Bufflehead, Wheatear, Garganey, Guillemot, Sand Martin, Swallow, Willow Warbler, Little Gull
2 PARIAH 3405 latest: Baikal Teal, Pacific Diver, self-found Long-tailed Ducks, Stone-curlew, Wheatear; self found Bonaparte's Gull, Lesser Scaup, Green-winged Teal, White Stork, Water Pipit, Glaucous Gull and Black-throated Diver; Pied-billed Grebe, Long-billed Dowitcher, Glossy Ibis, Blue-winged Teal
3 PETE MELLA 2295 latest: Red-necked Grebe, Tawny Owl, Hen Harrier, Golden Plover, Avocet, American Wigeon, Goshawk
4 THE DEVIL BIRD 2145 latest highlights: Bufflehead, Dusky Warbler, Waxwing etc
5 TIMMYJONES 1935 latest: Goshawk, Lapland Bunting, Black-necked Grebe, Slavonian Grebe, Great Grey Shrike, Long-eared Owl,
6 JACANA 1735 latest:
7 DARK KNIGHT 1790 latest: Ring-billed Gull, Mediterranean Gull, Peregrine, Slavonian Grebe, White-fronted Goose, Cetti's Warbler, Chiffchaff, Grey Partridge
8 PDH 1595 latest:
9 MIDLANDS BIRDER 1670 latest: Great Grey Shrike, Lapland Bunting, Little Egret

I've just figured out mine, it is 1995, funnily enough the same year that I was born!. Could have got better but I've been confined to Sussex almost all year so far. My highlights, and which got 180 points between them, were self-found Cattle Egret and Glaucous Gull. Also, do you think I could get a bonus for first Grasshopper Warbler of the year accross the British Isles in 2010? (3 April)
Just a thought

Hi all , i am having trouble working out how to find out what bonus points you get for " self found " birds ? , is this the correct key for adding the bonus points from :

With the bonus points being 10 , 25, 50 , 60, 75 , 100 and 200 ?????

25-30= 10
30-40= 25
40-60= 50
60-80= 60
80= 75
90= 100
100= 200

Devil birder did very kindly send me details of how to work this out but like a idiot i have lost them :t:

Last edited:
Hi all , i am having trouble working out how to find out what bonus points you get for " self found " birds ? , is this the correct key for adding the bonus points from :

With the bonus points being 10 , 25, 50 , 60, 75 , 100 and 200 ?????

25-30= 10
30-40= 25
40-60= 50
60-80= 60
80= 75
90= 100
100= 200

Devil birder did very kindly send me details of how to work this out but like a idiot i have lost them :t:

We decided that those particular figures were slightly misleading, because it has two different points score for 30, 40, 60, and 80 bird score, so we use this:

25-30= 10
35-40= 25
45-60= 50
65-75= 60
80= 75
90= 100
100= 200

I've had a fantastic week or so, with the birds in the last update, plus Sedge Warbler, Redstart, Tree Pipit, Black-winged Stilt, Ring Ouzel, and Willow Tit, which brings me to 3605.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back