• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (3 Viewers)

Love those brents Arthur..

In my mind Brent geese flocks will always be synonymous with my first visit to cley.

Looking forward to seeing them finished-in your own good time of course ;)

Matt

More joining the flock

hi Mat, been a lovely day today, out enjoying the sunshine.did a few more.

Attachments

• brent2.jpg
    brent2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 385
Hi Arthur

I reckon you've done a grand job,the whole flock looks nicely ''arranged''
on the page...not one bird looks out of place.

Matt

Barn Owl

This is an image that has been stuck in my head for ages. Coming off the East Bank at Cley late evening, when this Barn Owl floated across over the corner of the reed bed.
24" x 18" Acrylic .

Attachments

• EB Barn Owl.jpg
    EB Barn Owl.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 281
Hey Arthur, nice one, did I start a trend?! I sure hope so, I love to see barn owls anywhere; in paintings, photos or in the field. One of my 'local' barn owls hunts over reed beds just like the ones in your pic, you've made me want to get out there to see him now.

Woody

Who could resist a barn owl LOL

Really like how you've painted the reedbed-must have taken an age!!

Would that be walsey hills in the back ground??

Matt

thanks Tim and Woody I had started mine ,then I saw your post .I'me like you if theres a Barn Owl about it gets my full attention.
Hi Matt. no its not Walsey Hills . It is looking back to the coast road , the plantation the west side of the East Bank

from the sketch book today

water colour done on return

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 251
The sketches are great Arthur - funny that you should be drawing this B&W bird whilst I was doing another B&W one. More to come later - but thanks for the maggie drawings - i miss them a lot.

hi Tim I think I dont have to guess your next b/white bird after one of our breeding species which called in. unless you straighten the bill and paint it orange

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back