• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Book Bargains (1 Viewer)

Bubbs

The EBCC Atlas of European Breeding Birds: Their distribution and abundance (Poyser) for sale at Amazon. As new £18.75, normally £65.00.

A stunning book.

JB.

s.g. said:
Paid 50 Quid for mine......Going to lie down for a bit now!!!

S. G.

I know the feeling! I paid full price for BWP and the concise edition. Little wonder why I won'y buy HBW!

JB.

s.g. said:
Paid 50 Quid for mine......Going to lie down for a bit now!!!

S. G.

Me too and I thought that was a bargain. It makes you wonder if it is worth buying books shen they come out as so much seems to get remaindered now.

Steve

john barclay said:
The EBCC Atlas of European Breeding Birds: Their distribution and abundance (Poyser) for sale at Amazon. As new £18.75, normally £65.00.

A stunning book.

JB.

I can't recommend Bray Books highly enough.

JB.

:cat: i have a male blackbird living in our garden hes quite a charctor he comes running up the garden for raisons! we have had him for a year now but sadly he lost all his young to crows! lets hope him and his mate have more luck this year

Darrell Clegg said:
John,
Can you give a URL for this site please as I can't seem to find them!

Thanks

Darrell

Darrell,

I'm afraid they have no site. You/we have to go through Amazon. I have ordered many books from Bray and I can't fault them. I don't even have a tel number for Bray Books, but you can contact them on the Amazon site.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I received the book this morning. It came from Caroline Hartley Books via Amazon. Very impressed with the speed of delivery, the book is in excellent condition too. Well done!

Thanks for the heads-up too John. :t:

john barclay said:
Little wonder why I won't buy HBW!

JB.

Well, you may have to wait a while yet. I doubt they issue bargains as long as the series has not been completed. And that's still more than 6 years off. So, is it worth missing out until your vision may have faded? ;)

But I agree on the feeling you mention. It's happened to me several times.

WillieEckaslike said:
Same here...
Ordered form Braybooks (via Amazon) yesterday evening, e-mail this morning to say it's in the post. Can't wait. ;)

New World Blackbirds £10.90.
Nightjars. £9.99.
Where to Watch Birds in Europe and Russia. £5.99
Pheasants, Partridge and Grouse. £14.50
Tundra Plovers..et al.

Bargains galore.

JB.

john barclay said:
Darrell,

I'm afraid they have no site. You/we have to go through Amazon. .... but you can contact them on the Amazon site.

Hope this helps.

Tried to find them on the Amazon.uk site, but was unsuccessful. Any hints would be welcome!

Swissboy said:
Tried to find them on the Amazon.uk site, but was unsuccessful. Any hints would be welcome!

Go to Amazon.

Books.

Search. Type in Nightjars.

There you will find Bray Books.

Contact this seller.

Ask them your question and they will contact you. Or place your order.

John.

john barclay said:
Go to Amazon.
Books.
Search. Type in Nightjars.
There you will find Bray Books.
Contact this seller.
Ask them your question and they will contact you. Or place your order.

John.

Thanks John. Unfortunately, Bray Books only mails within the UK. But there are others who do send abroad.

This setup does not allow for a quick overview on which books are on sale, however. It only works for specific searches. OR, of course, with a little help from BF friends! :bounce:

Just got my ebcc atlas off amazon, from bray books. It was their last one, and slightly scuffed at the edges. To compensate for the book not being 'mint' (although I had to look hard for the scuffs) they sent me a free copy of starlings and mynas,a helm identification guide, worth 32 quid! Im more smug than mourinho right now.Although maybe not after 2moro night.....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back