• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peregrine falcon at the Richo Arena (1 Viewer)

Julie50

Mostly in the Midlands :)
Supporter
United Kingdom
Hi

This was not today but.......

One of our best sightings was a peregrine falcon nearly taking a pigeon, in of all places the Richo Arena, Coventry whilst watching a Wasps rugby game!

Because of the seating it was right at eye level not 20 yards in front of us. The falcon often comes to the stadium - I think to roost as it is usually in the second half;);)

Yes certainly not something you would expect to see like that, Its pleaseing to know that peregrines have taken The opportunitys to look around in our big citys in the uk hopefully that will continue into the future and the welfare of the birds is catered for.

Off to the Richo tomorrow to see the mighty Wasps face local oppo Gloucester - will try to grab a snap of Perry the Peregrine!

No sighting today - match was early though due to the England match.
Some juvenile seagulls, pigeons, crows and a couple of pied wagtails.

Wasps won 35-22 though - great game :)

Saw one at Stoke flying under the posh side stand there a couple of years back. Also seen one over Molineux on quite a few occasions.

Not many rugby games left! But I am also a keen cricket fan - I am thinking of starting a "Round the Ground" thread - but I am a newbie - what do you guys think?

Its always worth keeping alert for any birds that may be around flyovers and the like why not start a thread people will always view and occasionally comment good luck..

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back