• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First attempt at Drawing and Painting Birds (1 Viewer)

Im Back after a long break! I havn't done much Drawing at all really recently, so it was nice to get the pencils out in Denmark this Week. More to come shortly but here's a few!

Attachments

• Sketch Denmark001.jpg
    Sketch Denmark001.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 124
Welcome back Zac. My favourites are the lappwings, got a bit of a soft spot for 'em and you've tackled them from a difficult and unusual angle.

Woody

From Sunday - Some Field Sketches of a 1st winter Long Tailed Duck, at Roddlesworth Res, Darwen, Lancashire

Attachments

• LTD001.jpg
    LTD001.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 115
This is really good, that drooping wing is something you can only get in field sketches, and you've got the beak spot on.

Thanks For the Kind Comments again everyone. To answer Arthur's Question about School, I manage to fit in all the trips at Weekends and Half Terms...thats the great thing about School, there are so many holidays!
I am currently working on Yellow Browed, Marsh Tit, and when done I will move onto the Lapwing, and Hooded Crow

1st painting for a while...I'm quite pleased with the outcome of this, although I stupidly did the lapwings colour by memory so is probably inaccurate. But Comments welcome!

Attachments

• Lap002.jpg
    Lap002.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 96
love the peaceful 'still-life' quality to this one. Can't see any inaccuracies in the colour - perhaps they're missing the rufous undertail, but that's very easy to add in if you agree it needs doing. In any case, a lovely tranquil scene and glad to see a new picture from you.

Yes- great picture and surely your art is adding a new dimension now to your interest and obvious knowledge about birds :t:

Heres an edited version with the Rusty Vent. I love Acrylic paint! I have editred the painting and it only took 3 or so minutes. Its so easy to use, and not (really) messy

Attachments

• Lap003.jpg
    Lap003.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 90
On the Last day of 2007 I finally make an appearence after my exams and year listing ave finished.

It is supprising how time consuming art is, when you have several other hobbies that need as much if not more time as well.

i will hopefully continue more into 2008 as I am not year listing, however I will certainly have to concentrate on my GCSE Revision in the Summer!

here's a few sketches, which I will hopefully turn into Paintings (the Tit is willow btw...)

Attachments

• Sketches001.jpg
    Sketches001.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 92
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back