• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oare Marshes, Kent, 31st March 04 (1 Viewer)

Lancey

Oare Marshes provided me with the first sighting for 2004 of a Yellow Wagtail and Little Ringed Plover, plus three Water Pipits in varying degrees of summer plumage - all on the east lagoon - and a Little Gull on the west lagoon. Furthermore, six Little Egrets, two Marsh Harriers, eight Avocets and a summer plumaged Black-Tailed Godwit, combined with spring sunshine, made for a most enjoyable day. Below are a few photos from the time spent at Oare.

A summer plumaged Mediterranean Gull flying over Bough Beech reservoir near Sevenoaks at 4:25pm rounded off the day nicely too!

Attachments

• 1stWaterPipit.jpg
    1stWaterPipit.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 2ndWaterPipit2.jpg
    2ndWaterPipit2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 2ndWaterPipit1.jpg
    2ndWaterPipit1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 139
  • LittleRingedPlover.jpg
    LittleRingedPlover.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 132
Good stuff Lancey.

I'm yet to see Little Gull or LRP this year. It's slim pickings up North!

I spent yesterday moving house, which wasn't quite as much fun as you had!

Hi Lancey,

Nice to hear about Oare... it's one of my favourite birding spots and I haven't been able to get down there for a month or so...

Looking forward to my next opportunity - sounds like you have a good day....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back