• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help - Turkish odes & insects (1 Viewer)

Gavia

Hi All;

In April/May 2007 we spent three weeks in Turkey, along the Mediterranean coast, and while our focus was birds and flowers, I also photographed some dragonflies, damselflies, butterflies, beetles, and herptiles. We did not (and do not) have any guides for these faunal species, and so I solicit your assistance in putting a name to the photos. The photos are here:

http://drop.io/mntcturkey

and the guest password is uludag5

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Blake Maybank
Nova Scotia, Canada

All of the dragons and damsels have correct ID's apart from the demoiselle which is a female Beautiful Demoiselle, Calopteryx virgo, not a Banded.

Roy.

Thanks, Roy, for this correction. I have updated the page. All the butterflies, odes, and herptiles have now been ID'd, with only a few bugs left. I am very content.

Cheers,

Blake

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back