• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Birdwatching Sites In Suffolk (1 Viewer)

No there isn't one from that stable, they do a Scottish and Sussex book. I think you8'd have to go for one of the 'Where to Watch Birds...' series from Helm which are quite good.

Karl J said:
Is there such a book ?

.... along the lines of Neil Glenn's book on sites in Norfolk.

Hi Karl
There has been such a book in the pipeline for some time now. I was asked to write it by David Cromack some years ago. I started off with good intentions but have been reduced to a slow crawl with the pressure of other things wanting my time. My location in North East Suffolk means I know this area very well but have limited knowledge of the West and South of the county. I have travelled to many new sites in the past few years and expanded my understanding of these areas. This, however, does not help produce good copy. I can foresee no let up in the workload so unless someone else takes up the idea you will have to wait for Steve Piotrowski's expanded version of Easy Birdwatching Again in Suffolk to come out.
Ivan

Oh ok, thanks. It was more the inland sites i was curious about, especially after not finding an awful lot in Minsmere's bookshop. I think i'm reasonably ok with the coastal sites, though i suppose there's always something new to find out

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back