• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski and Zeiss wipes (1 Viewer)

newfie ghost

My NIKON edg had some sap on the lens so I tried to clean it with a ZEISS cloth. It didn't work. I broke out my free SWARO lense wipe that came with my glass. It removed the sap, but streaked a little so I had to use the cloth again.

SWARO wipes are not easy to come by but they seem to work as good as the readily available ZEISS wipes. Both seem to streak though.

The SWARO wipe smelled better than the Zeiss though. They add a bit of freshner to cover the alcohol smell up.

Do you uses wipes and if so do you like them?

My NIKON edg had some sap on the lens so I tried to clean it with a ZEISS cloth. It didn't work. I broke out my free SWARO lense wipe that came with my glass. It removed the sap, but streaked a little so I had to use the cloth again.

SWARO wipes are not easy to come by but they seem to work as good as the readily available ZEISS wipes. Both seem to streak though.

The SWARO wipe smelled better than the Zeiss though. They add a bit of freshner to cover the alcohol smell up.

Yes i use them but i finish with microfiber! I use the wipes for keeping the exterior of the bin clean as well, works wonderfully and they are cheap! :) Bryce...

One day my car was covered with sap from a Magnolia tree. The 5mm translucent gobs of goo couldn't be removed with paint thinner, alcohol, turps, or anything else I could find in the garage. It was a mess.

Late in the afternoon a light rain began, and like magic the sap melted away. It was water soluble !! :eek!:

Ed

One day my car was covered with sap from a Magnolia tree. The 5mm translucent gobs of goo couldn't be removed with paint thinner, alcohol, turps, or anything else I could find in the garage. It was a mess.

Late in the afternoon a light rain began, and like magic the sap melted away. It was water soluble !! :eek!:

Ed

Murphy's law

Ed

I saw something like that in a Science Fiction movie. Can't remember the name of it though.;)

Bob

I use Zeiss wipes regularly and keep one in my wallet for "emergencies" in the woods like zapping sap. A while ago, a young checkout girl saw it in my wallet when I took out my money to pay for the groceries, and she smirked at me. It didn't hit me until half way to the car that she thought the square foil envelop contained something else. :)

Rather than rubbing hard with the Zeiss wipes or microfiber cloth for stubborn stains, try ROR (Residual Oil Remover):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/64495-REG/ROR_RO212D_Residual_Oil_Remover.html

<B>

Not aware if this is well known - if so then sorry to repeat. I have found it works really well. Several kinds of oily smears on a lens can gently and neatly be removed by using a bit of toilet paper - much better than other widely available kinds of paper wipes - applied with just water, then - if necessary - dry. (I cannot figure it out - dry wiping does not work, and some of the stuff is not water soluble - maybe the water "edges in" between that and the lens coating?)

Last edited:
I use Zeiss wipes regularly and keep one in my wallet for "emergencies" in the woods like zapping sap. A while ago, a young checkout girl saw it in my wallet when I took out my money to pay for the groceries, and she smirked at me. It didn't hit me until half way to the car that she thought the square foil envelop contained something else. :)

<B>

:-O good one!!!!

I use them on my eye glasses most of the time and they seem to work well.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back