Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 21st July 2008, 20:44   #1
Ken Hall

Birdguides DVD video guide to British Birds problem

I have very recently bough my first DVD player, and a copy of Birdguides DVD Guide to British Birds. The DVD plays OK on my PC, but on the DVD player both the sound and the pictures are erratic, with short gaps most noticeable in the commentary. Other DVDs play OK, so I don't think it is the player that is faulty, nor does the disc appear faulty as it is OK on my PC. Is it a compatability problem, or is there something else I should be aware of?

I'm Freewheeling Now (Going Rapidly Downhill)

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 26th July 2008, 06:21   #2
javva
Caffeine fiend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hall View Post
I have very recently bough my first DVD player, and a copy of Birdguides DVD Guide to British Birds. The DVD plays OK on my PC, but on the DVD player both the sound and the pictures are erratic, with short gaps most noticeable in the commentary. Other DVDs play OK, so I don't think it is the player that is faulty, nor does the disc appear faulty as it is OK on my PC. Is it a compatability problem, or is there something else I should be aware of?

Iíve found it works better if you install it onto the hard drive. Itís one hell of a size but if youíve got the space on your drive, itís worth it.

BF Supporter 2006 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 26th July 2008, 12:16   #3
John P
Usually on a different wavelength

Quote:
Originally Posted by javva View Post
Iíve found it works better if you install it onto the hard drive. Itís one hell of a size but if youíve got the space on your drive, itís worth it.
Its about 3 Gig, I know cos I've just put it on my laptop, (new toy), it certainly sounds better than on my very old PC.
Old Sunday 27th July 2008, 10:27   #4
javva
Caffeine fiend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P View Post
Its about 3 Gig, I know cos I've just put it on my laptop, (new toy), it certainly sounds better than on my very old PC.

Yes, itís a whopper, that is true but it certainly does run sweeter off the hard drive than it ever does off a DVD reader.

BF Supporter 2006 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 28th July 2008, 09:01   #5
DaveD

Dear Ken

You can get Technical Support on any of our products by emailing support@birdguides.com or by phone (mornings only) on 01248 853068

Regards
Dave Dunford
BirdGuides
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: