Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Monday 21st July 2008, 20:44   #1
Ken Hall
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: aberdeenshire uk
Posts: 1,041
Birdguides DVD video guide to British Birds problem

I have very recently bough my first DVD player, and a copy of Birdguides DVD Guide to British Birds. The DVD plays OK on my PC, but on the DVD player both the sound and the pictures are erratic, with short gaps most noticeable in the commentary. Other DVDs play OK, so I don't think it is the player that is faulty, nor does the disc appear faulty as it is OK on my PC. Is it a compatability problem, or is there something else I should be aware of?
__________________
My NEW website: THE NATURE OF NORTH-EAST SCOTLAND http://www.thenatureofnortheastscotland.com

I'm Freewheeling Now (Going Rapidly Downhill)
Ken Hall is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 26th July 2008, 06:21   #2
javva
Caffeine fiend.
 
javva's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norfolk. UK.
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hall View Post
I have very recently bough my first DVD player, and a copy of Birdguides DVD Guide to British Birds. The DVD plays OK on my PC, but on the DVD player both the sound and the pictures are erratic, with short gaps most noticeable in the commentary. Other DVDs play OK, so I don't think it is the player that is faulty, nor does the disc appear faulty as it is OK on my PC. Is it a compatability problem, or is there something else I should be aware of?



Iíve found it works better if you install it onto the hard drive. Itís one hell of a size but if youíve got the space on your drive, itís worth it.





.
__________________
The local density of mosquitoes is inversely proportional to your remaining repellent!
javva is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2006 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 26th July 2008, 12:16   #3
John P
Usually on a different wavelength
 
John P's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by javva View Post
Iíve found it works better if you install it onto the hard drive. Itís one hell of a size but if youíve got the space on your drive, itís worth it.
Its about 3 Gig, I know cos I've just put it on my laptop, (new toy), it certainly sounds better than on my very old PC.
John P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sunday 27th July 2008, 10:27   #4
javva
Caffeine fiend.
 
javva's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norfolk. UK.
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by John P View Post
Its about 3 Gig, I know cos I've just put it on my laptop, (new toy), it certainly sounds better than on my very old PC.

Yes, itís a whopper, that is true but it certainly does run sweeter off the hard drive than it ever does off a DVD reader.



.
__________________
The local density of mosquitoes is inversely proportional to your remaining repellent!
javva is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2006 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 28th July 2008, 09:01   #5
DaveD
Registered User
 
DaveD's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peak District, UK
Posts: 101
Dear Ken

You can get Technical Support on any of our products by emailing support@birdguides.com or by phone (mornings only) on 01248 853068

Regards
Dave Dunford
BirdGuides
DaveD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Reply


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Birdguides CD-ROM Guide To British Birds, v7 Karl J Books, Magazines, Publications, Video & DVD 17 Monday 11th September 2006 10:34
Guide to British birds. mike7900 Birds & Birding 4 Thursday 9th February 2006 18:38
Birdguides - DVD Video Guide to British Birds v8 Nick Spotter Books, Magazines, Publications, Video & DVD 9 Monday 31st October 2005 21:29

{googleads}
£100 Cashback on Opticron DBA VHD Binoculars. Click to find out more.

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Help support BirdForum

Page generated in 0.15936494 seconds with 17 queries
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:26.