• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic FZ150 (1 Viewer)

One quick question,where do I find 5.5fps,which setting do I choose please-AV?.Please do not say M.Or should I try the auto sports settings,I did have a look at that section.I have just sent for a full printed manual,so then should be able to find my way around a little easier.

Hi Christine, the 5.5 fps setting is set using the little button on the top right hand of the camera. One other thing I forgot to mention before, was that for action stuff, you should really have the camera set to S (shutter) priority and try to keep the shutter speed as high as possible. This will be very dependent on the amount of light available. If the light is low, then it may be preferable to set the priority to A (aperture) and let the shutter speed take care of itself.

Thanks,scodgerott.Now,I am goin got ask a very silly question,Roy C and several others tried to explain ,but when in S mode,how do I up the shutter speed,is it by increasing the ISO?.I can go and practice on the ducks,before the rugby!!!
I am one of these very dumb people who does not understand cam settings,I have always allowed the camera(more or less) to make its own decisions,but with this 150,I think that in order to obtain reasonble images,I may have to be more involved

Hi Christine, Don't worry a new camera, especially a complex one like the FZ150 can take a while to understand. You can up the shutter speed in a couple of ways. As you suggested, you can raise the iso and that will help the shutter speed increase, although if you raise the iso too much (say above 800) you will degrade your image quality. The best way is to set the camera in S mode and rotate the little wheel at the top back of the camera, with each click to the right the shutter speed will increase, up to the maximum of 1/2000 of second. You will need very good light to get shots at that speed. I haven't had any experience at shooting rugby matches, but I would think 1/500 sec would be more than enough to stop the motion. I would even venture to say that probably 1/250 sec would suffice as well. Humans don't really move all that fast.

close ups

some close ups

Attachments

• P1030382 (2).jpg
    P1030382 (2).jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 284
  • P1020581 (2).jpg
    P1020581 (2).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 184
  • P1030187 (2).jpg
    P1030187 (2).jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 211
These are lovely Terry!

Please can I pick your brains about what settings you used and if you've done any editing to them? I'd really keen to learn more.

Many thanks
Wendy

panasonic fz150

a few more shots from my garden

Attachments

• P1030458 (2).jpg
    P1030458 (2).jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 176
  • P1030479 (2).jpg
    P1030479 (2).jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 199
  • P1030575 (2).jpg
    P1030575 (2).jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 168
  • P1030597 (2).jpg
    P1030597 (2).jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 217
New images from the FZ150

Here are a few more images taken with the FZ150. I had to downgrade them quite a bit to let them fit onto this post, so the originals look a lot better.

Attachments

• eastern spinebill.jpg
    eastern spinebill.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 196
  • magpie lark.jpg
    magpie lark.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 245
  • purple swamp hen.jpg
    purple swamp hen.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Welcome Swallow.jpg
    Welcome Swallow.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 197
  • white faced heron.jpg
    white faced heron.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 159
Managed to find some time between assignments and went for a walk with the dog. I was rewarded with some very good views of this Heron down by the Water of Leith in Edinburgh.

After being initially impressed we the camera I've gone through a period of missing an SLR but this walk reaffirmed my faith in this camera. Just wish I had it with me the other day. Long Tailed Ducks were only a few meters away.

Attachments

• Heron 2.JPG
    Heron 2.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 176
Great photos guys!

They really are inspirational - makes me wish I didn't have to work all day lol... But it is getting lighter at night now, so won't be long before I'm home in the daylight!

Have a great day

Wendy

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back