• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujifilm FinePix E900 (1 Viewer)

ArtifexAmando

· ARTIFEX AVISPEX ·
Hi!

I'm new to this digiscoping thing, so it was only yesterday that my FP E900 arrived. Unfortunately, my pictures all look like the one attached, no matter what settings I have. Does anyone know what is wrong? (There are horizontal lines all over the pictures.)

Thanks in advance for any answers!

· Artifex ·

Attachments

• DSCF0329.JPG
    DSCF0329.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 239
ArtifexAmando said:
There are horizontal lines all over the pictures.
Do you get these results even without digiscoping (i.e. taking a picture with just the camera by itself)?

If you have a 2nd xD card, you might try it - maybe the card is defective. Reformat it in the camera before using.

Perhaps you have the camera on the video setting and are taking very short videos by mistake?

Otherwise, I'd say you have a defective camera. I have never seen a picture like that before! My E900 works great, and seems like it would be a perfect digiscoping camera, with its high resolution, allowing you to do a lot of cropping and still have a large image.

Yes, the attached picture was taken with the camera by itself. I will try to reformat the xD card, thanks for the suggestion! :)

Edit: Unfortunately nothing positive has happened - having reformatted the xD card, trying another one, played around with all the settings again. I will contact the store where I bought the camera on monday. Perhaps it got damaged while being transported from Stockholm, or it was damaged in the factory. Oh, well. I hope I'll get a new camera soon, because the autumn migrations to the south will start here in a couple of weeks!

Edit 2: They'll send me a new camera as soon as they've got the old one which I'll send back to them. So I'll have a new one sometime this week. :)

RAH said:
Do you get these results even without digiscoping (i.e. taking a picture with just the camera by itself)?

If you have a 2nd xD card, you might try it - maybe the card is defective. Reformat it in the camera before using.

Perhaps you have the camera on the video setting and are taking very short videos by mistake?

Otherwise, I'd say you have a defective camera. I have never seen a picture like that before! My E900 works great, and seems like it would be a perfect digiscoping camera, with its high resolution, allowing you to do a lot of cropping and still have a large image.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back