• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

At my age! I ought to know better! (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

I have a confession to make, I've been chasing a Painted Lady! A right flirty fluttery little thing she was too and lead me a merry dance through the wild-flowers (and brambles) before she finally needed a rest and a drink and agreed to pose for me. Pretty, isn't she.

Then, while strolling back to the car I saw this, don't tell me that he isn't one of Nature's jewels.

Bill

Attachments

• DS painted lady 290706 1.jpg
    DS painted lady 290706 1.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DS painted lady 290706 3.jpg
    DS painted lady 290706 3.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DS demoiselle agrion m 29006 .jpg
    DS demoiselle agrion m 29006 .jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 58
Hi Bill.
What are you getting like? Chasing Painted Ladies and Damsels at your age. LOL!! Cracking photos as per usual, and I agree entirely with the "nature's jewel" bit, absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks for letting us see them.

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Bill,
It's a wonder you didn't get arrested chasing pretty young ladies into bushes!!!!!!! Tut Tut!!!!
Lovely pics though Bill thanks for sharing them with us,well worth the chase eh? ;)
Best wishes,

Nice pics Bill. Seems to be the time of year for painted Ladies. I had the pleasure at Blacktoft at the weekend. A wonderful year for butterflies on the whole.

take care

Hi Bill,

So, chasing Ladies and Damsels that aren't even in distress eh! Good job your did though.

Really beautiful photos Bill.

Love, Sue.

Hi Bill Nice pics, you are getting a strange reputation, but then I guess the ladies involved know you better than I do.

Yours Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back