• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding by Points 2010 (1 Viewer)

Sadly Owen I believe its 100 points, I guess the Housefinch would have to be the same until the 'higher powers' make judgement.

I would honestly be surprised if it was worth any points at all! ;)
Whilst I personally do tick it, is it actually countable for the purposes of this game? ;)

Owen

A fantastic trip to Fair Isle takes me upto 4710 including several self found Barred Warblers and Rosefinches and an Icterine Warbler

4465 now with self found Puffin and Pomarine Skua (lifer) as well as goodies such as Citrine Wagtail and Ortolan Bunting

7090 now, goodies include Green Heron, Rose-coloured Starling, Great White Egret, Grey Phalarope, Great Grey Shrike, Barred Warbler and Surf Scoter.

I also appear to be missing a bird from my table, but I haven't worked out which one yet...

5135 now. American Bittern being the best of my new ones. Missed off Cirl Bunting.

the 7090 posted above was my lifelist total, posted it by accident

my apologies for not being online much over the last couple of months, I've been settling into college and of course birding has been busy! They're my excuses anyway.

Pariah, have you not counted House Crow. You would get 90 points if you decide to count it.

Yes newbies you can join in, I will PM you about how to take part

1 PARIAH 7880 Latest: self found Semipalmated Sandpiper, Snow Bunting, Pink-footed Goose
2 SEAN F 6355 Latest: Rosy Starling, White Stork, Buff-breasted Sandpiper
3 JACANA 5135 Latest: American Bittern etc
4 HOTSPUR 4950 Latest: self found Rough-legged Buzzard
5 TIMMYJONES 4710 Latest: self found Barred Warblers, Common Rosefinches and Icterine Warbler
6 THE DEVIL BIRD 4385 Latest: self found Common Quail, Spotted Flycatcher, Great Shearwater, Chough, self found Sooty Shearwater, self found Storm Petrel, Kittiwake, Arctic Skua, self found Balearic Shearwater, Manx Shearwater, Red-crested Pochard, Little Gull, Purple Heron, Great White Egret
7 DARK KNIGHT 3880 Latest: Spotted Crake, Dotterel, Temminck's Stint, Cattle Egret, Red-backed Shrike, self found Black Tern
8 PETE MELLA 3325 Latest: Mandarin, Nightjar, Turtle Dove, Bearded Tit, Grasshopper Warbler, Whinchat, Greenshank, Yellow-legged Gull
9 GROPPERWINCH 2605 Latest: Arctic Tern (self found), Black Tern (self found), Little Tern (self found), Avocet, Turtle Dove, Marsh Harrier, Arctic Skua, Bonxie
10 MIDLANDS BIRDER 1670 Latest: Great Grey Shrike, Lapland Bunting, Little Egret

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back