• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Painting bird feathers with watercolour (1 Viewer)

Hi there are some really good books on this matter try tim wootons recent book or an older one by Peter Partington painting birds in watercolour
try amazon or ebay
also 2 new books cover the subject one of them is 'painting from nature' reviewed in birdwatch i think

Hi there - this is such a big question - is there some specific technique you are wishing to master (ie - irredesence / fluffy-ness / colour, or what?). Let's see some of your work and maybe discuss what you are trying to improve and develop?
Hope to see your work here soon. Welcome aboard!

I'm extremely happy that I didn't expect this much of care for my question.Thank you very much and I'll Show some of my works as soon as possible.

the trick to doing feathers is to consider them as groups, rather than individual feathers, on some parts it's impossible to see them individually. I'd recommend the reading suggested further up, but also recommend that it's not a question of changing your painting technique (which is very nice) but more a question of learning more on bird topography. Hope this helps, keep us updated with your progress.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back