• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Abundant Buzzards in Brigg (1 Viewer)

Petopan

Just out of Brigg in North Lincs' taking the road to Wressle lie some great woods. A delight to watch buzzards patrolling the skies as they hunt. The woods are awesome for many other species of natural history. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

I love to see them. I had three of them up together, almost over my house last week. They breed locally, so probably a family group.

Had a Buzzard in my sight for about 20 seconds on Saturday morning getting mobbed by some hooded crows, not very exciting I know but there are not so many over here on the rock.

Funny though because I saw one about 18 months ago in the same hedgerow this and then are the only two times I have spotted one.

Used to live in North Lincs in the early nineties and Buzzard were few and far between. Whenever I'm back down there I always see them.

I would be wary of classing them as "abundant", they are often highly visible and in some cases there will be several individuals in the same place but that does not mean that there are huge numbers of them. Something that does happen is that once seen and named by birders and reported more people who previously paid no attention to what they have seen will see them and mention seeing them.

Last edited:
Saw the Buzzard again today, I heard him first and there he was in the same hedgerow,this time had a much better veiw.

The Crows were giving him a hard time, but they soon got fed up and then he stayed in a tree for about half an hour. Hopefully this will lead to having as many as in Brigg the not so distance future.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back