• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

coolpix 4500 without remote shutter release (1 Viewer)

paulsullivan

Hi,i have been digiscoping with a Nikon ED78A and a coolpix 4500 for a few months now and would like to share one of the ways i use to get a reasonably sharp picture -which is taking advantage of the lag between pressing the shutter and it actually firing. First i focus the 'scope and then the camera ,with the camera in macro mode and using aperture priority and cente weighted focusing fully depress the shutter and remove my hand from the camera and the second or two it takes for the camera to focus and fire is enough to eliminate camera shake;granted the camera may focus on the wrong object sometimes but generally it works fine,

p.s i have swifts nesting in my loft and have not been able to go in there for quite a while now B :)

Paul

Nice tip, Paul. I think you're using the focus delay as much as true shutter lag but it still amounts for a bit of extra time for the camera set-up to stop wobbling.

Nice one with the Swifts ... no chance of getting a shot from outside as the fly in or out?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back