• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park (1 Viewer)

Grousemore

This is one of my local sites,which is well worth a visit at any time of year.

For visitors to Central London,the easiest way of getting there is by Tube (London Underground).Use the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and then walk East for about a half mile along the Thames Path,past the Millenium Dome and on to the Ecology Park,which is adjacent to the River.

This walk along the Thames usually provides a good mix of birds,I've seen most species of Gull,Terns,Reed and Sedge Warbler,Whitethroat and several waders,including Dunlin and Oystercatcher.

Details of the Ecology Park itself and the wildlife to be found, can be found on the attached links.

Although it is only a small park,it is an enjoyable little oasis in London.

http://www.gold.ac.uk/world/wnews/ecopark.html

http://www.greenwich.gov.uk/council/strategicplanning/wildlife.htm#Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park

Iam visiting London at the end of the month and I wanted somewhere to visit before going home.I was going to visit Barnes again as you say it's an excellant way to spend a couple of hours.But as as Iam staying in East Dulwich I think I will pop down to Greenwich instead.Are Peregrine and Black Redstart often seen there?

Greenwich would be much easier to get to from East Dulwich,so why not give it a try.

Peregrines are often seen on or around the Dome(deserted now of course) and are reputed to have nested there.

I've not seen Black Redstart there myself,but have heard the odd report in the London area,so who knows?

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back