• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird ailments (1 Viewer)

Hi! I am new to the forum so I don't know where to go for this question: Can anyone tell me what problem this little sweetie's beak is laboring with? He eats fine, guards 'his' feeder adamantly, & occasionally will allow a female (?) to sip a bit now and then. The growth has become larger over time. I have seen one other hummer with the same thing but not to the same degree. Help please. I cropped & enlarged pics. I can enlarge more if needed.

Attachments

• MY HERO #2 IMG_6414.jpg
    MY HERO #2 IMG_6414.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 39
  • MY HERO #1 IMG_6410.jpg
    MY HERO #1 IMG_6410.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Wow, I don't think I've seen a beak deformity this bad in any hummingbird. The good thing is, that it is feeding.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BF. I've moved your thread to the Hummingbird section of the Forum and I've subscribed you to this thread so you don't lose track of it. Do keep us posted on this little jewel please.

Wow, I don't think I've seen a beak deformity this bad in any hummingbird. The good thing is, that it is feeding.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BF. I've moved your thread to the Hummingbird section of the Forum and I've subscribed you to this thread so you don't lose track of it. Do keep us posted on this little jewel please.
Thank you for your input! I hope someone can identify the problem. Poor birdlings. :(

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back