• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buzzards Pakistan (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

Te one on the left is almost certainly Long Legged but the one on the right baffles me - brown body and white head? Taken this week around Quetta.

Attachments

• buzz.jpg
    buzz.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 157
Not sure of species (though I think nothing contradicts LLB) but to me the 2 birds look almost identical in everything but the white throat/breast band (not head, which is only slightly lighter than the other bird's, and that maybe due to lighting) on the right-hand bird. So I'd imagine that they are the same species and maybe the one on the right has some partial leucism?

@ rockfowl - how are Upland Buzzards identified?

@ stevthehydra - I think it is afer to assume they are same species.

another one

This raptor sparked a lot of debate. I thought it was adult male/ near adult Marsh Harrier because of paler eyes - someone else thought it was Black Kite ie legs wrong for Marsh Harrier.

A 3rd opinion and one that I actually agree with is Oriental Honey Buzzard. I assume he is right although adult male of this species has dark eyes.

Attachments

• rapt1.jpg
    rapt1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 42
  • rapt2.jpg
    rapt2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 66
  • rapt3.jpg
    rapt3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 30
  • rapt4.jpg
    rapt4.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 37
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back