• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South Goa (1 Viewer)

monkir

Help please with identifying these waders from Cavelossim area.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 81
1 marsh sandpiper
2 little stint
3 lesser sandplover i think, quite leggy
4 another lesser sandplover, little cormorant and redshank

Can no. 1 really be a Marsh Sandpiper with legs of that colour? They should be yellowish-green. Or is the image misleading?

Also, I agree that the Sand Plover in no. 3 looks quite long-legged. It also has quite a large squarish head with a large eye, and its bill looks quite long and pointed. So could it be Greater?

I'm not sure about the Plover in no. 4.

I think the leg colour on no. 1 is a bit misleading. I wonder if the legs are slightly stained by muddy water, making them look more orange than normal. On plumage, this is definitely a Marsh Sandpiper.

Both sandplovers look like Lesser to me. I don't think they have the bulk of Greater, and the bill doesn't look pointed enough for Greater.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back