• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rajah Sikatuna nature reserve Cebu (1 Viewer)

shrek48

Hi all,

Has anyone been to Rajah Sikatuna nature reserve in Bohol , Cebu, Philippines?
I cannot find info on hotels near the place or the best time to go visit there for birding. I think March to April but not sure.
Any and all information would be gratefully received....
Thanks Ash.

You can or at least could, stay in the park when we did it in 2002.

There should be plenty of reports covering the park.

A

Stayed at the Loboc River Resort - which is a little far away but nice.

BTW Not sure why you say "...,Bohol, Cebu" - Bohol is a province in it's own right as is Cebu.

Another good option that not everyone knows about is that you can actually stay at the Bohol Habitat https://www.facebook.com/HabitatBoholWildlifeAdventure (also known as the Bohol Butterfly Farm) fairly inexpensively.

They can arrange guides and transportation to Rajah Sikatuna (the guides are a bit on the amateur side, but are perfect for those with decent birding skills and knowledge of the species they want to see and who just need someone to get them to the park and show them the trails). Only takes 20 minutes or so to get to the park from there. The Habitat also has a restaurant, so it is a good all around base.

Thanks all, sorry for late reply been a bit sick... booked a place about 30 mins away and will rent or take my own bike. Sadly walking is going to be a bit of a problem right now but will do my best ;-)
thanks again.

Yes Sorry I live in Cebu and just write it instinctively

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back