• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Drawings from Catherine Hamilton (2 Viewers)

Birdspot

Attachments

• 01_reeg.jpg
    01_reeg.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 02_tche.jpg
    02_tche.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 03_ambi.jpg
    03_ambi.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 227
Catherine,

Etheral, diaphanous studies. Gorgeous delights!

A very warm welcome to this wonderful art forum.

I hope you gain great benefit here. You will be amongst many amazing and kind friends...

Would love to see more of your stuff.

Please!

Lovely work indeed Catherine, esp the 2nd.....captured and draughted beautifully
Gorgeous Ovenbirds on the blog too!

Welcome Catherine,
what lovely, sensitive and lyrical work, the center one almost looks like silverpoint...really enjoyed your blog, you're an excellent writer as well as a superb artist...

Last edited:
Welcome indeed Catherine, this is a great community of like minded artists and I'm sure you will fit right in. You do beautiful work, delicate and clear, and, as Colleen rightly says, your writing is beautiful too. I shall look forward to seeing more of your wonderful images.

Mike

Dear Catherine...

Am so glad that you have brought your art to our attention...!

I have just spent the last half hour in amazement looking at your work on the links...[and no doubt later i will be back to view more]...it is quite incredible..:t:

If i were not so speechless i would probably come up with more adjectives like 'brilliant'...etc.....!

ps...your artwork sure woke me up on a dull rainy murky morning in the UK shires...[and i thank you for that]...!

pps...must go now as i want to look at those ink landscapes again of yours....truly wonderful....!

All the best...!

Many thanks for looking - and even better to see what other people are doing - what a great forum. I have been reading birding posts on this site for ages now, but somehow never thought to share work in this way (silly me) until someone recently prodded (kicked) me to. Now to catch up on some of the threads here!

Welcome to Birdforum Catherine. Your work is an absolute delight to see and your colourwork on the blog is truly marvellous. Look forward to seeing more of your work posted here - soon! ;)

Pluvius, eh? So are you it seems ;) I've been lurking these parts on the birding end for some years, but only now out of the closet...why did no one tell me everyone here was so nice? OK, well, my UK friends have been saying as much...

Catherine, a very big Welcome and I don't need to go on because its already been said by so many . Just wonderful work!! look forward to seeing more!

Hi Catherine, just been admiring your artwork both on the thread and your blogspot. There's some truly superb stuff here. Those drawings of chickens are extraordinary - they remind me of something I might come across in some old, classic 'how to' books where some masterworks are shown as 'examples' of what can be achieved by lesser mortals - usually they can't!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back