• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owls in Aberdeenshire? (1 Viewer)

Chris K.

Hey guys,

my name is Chris. I'm 22 years old and at the moment I'm studying biology in Germany. I'm planning a trip to Aberdeen with my girlfriend in january. Both of us are totally into owls and photography. It would be amazing if so. could help us upgrading our trip with some spots where we can watch and take photos of shorties or barnies in Aberdeenshire? :)
On our way to Aberdeen we're passing the whole route from Newcastle to Aberdeen, so any spots in between these locations are welcome as well. We also look forward to any other spots for birdwatching in general or other owl species.
Would be great if you can help us. As soon as I am back I'm gonna post my observations. :)

I wish you a merry Christmas!

Cheers,
Chris

Hey there,

I'm back now and I am really impressed of Scotland. It's such a beautiful country with many different landscapes and birds. In total I've seen 71 birdspecies. One of these was a short-eared owl which I wanted to see.
Some mentionable species are black Grouse, a pair of european stonechat, about 20 long tailes ducks and one Merlin. Sadly we couldn't watch any waxwings.
All in all we had a wonderful time in Scotland. The weather was fine, many animals and a new owlspecies for me. :)

Attachments

• IMG_8502.jpg
    IMG_8502.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9387.jpg
    IMG_9387.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9760.jpg
    IMG_9760.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_9830.jpg
    IMG_9830.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_9862.jpg
    IMG_9862.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 93
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back