• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New RSPB HDX 8X42 (1 Viewer)

Torview

I was at Darts Farm Topsham today and popped up to the RSPB shop and looked at the binoculars there, I noticed this new model and was offered to try it.

Whilst there I compared it briefly to the Conquest HD and Viking ED models.

The Conquest still does`nt work for me (black outs) and I did`nt like the Viking much.

But, the Hdx was a real gem, very nice ergonomics with the small bridge and flaring tubes, lightweight but with a quality feel to the construction.

The view was really good, bright, sharp over 90%+ almost to the edge infact, no ca of note either.

But the best thing to me was the 7.8* fov in a 42mm optic, it felt expansive, the other two felt claustrophobic afterwards.

I actually preferred it to the Zeiss and if I was looking for a £6-700 roof now I`d probably pick it over an Aurora/Dba or anything else at the price.

Just my quick take on a really nice (to me) binocular, well worth checking out.

http://shopping.rspb.org.uk/rspb-hdx-8-x-42-binoculars.html

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back