• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

white throated laughing thrush in derbyshire (1 Viewer)

marski

this was identified for me by harry, thanks harry

Attachments

• DSC00134.JPG
    DSC00134.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC00137.JPG
    DSC00137.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 164
Looks like the shot was taken from a TV screen! So whats the story with this bird then, your post is rather vague!

had as few of them recently in north east India
buggers to see there!

seeing as i have strong ties with Derbyshire i'm intrigued about the link.....

the thrush in Essex was a Red-throated i think

Last edited:
A few years ago there was a Lesser Necklaced Laughing Thrush and a Black Breasted Thrush, within 10 miles of each other in the Colne (Lancs) area.

Hi Marski,

Like jpoyner, I'm also having a hard time working out why your pics look as though they have been off a monitor or some type of screen...?

I'm in Buxton right now and would be more than welcome to come and take a look later today or I could get a Derbyshire birder to pop round.

Whatever happens don't forget to send your record to the Derbyshire county recorder - even escaped birds need to be fully documented for posterity. Send me a private message if you would like the address.

Tom.

Hi tom

up early, quiet night? B :)

i'd be keen to know what transpires with this. Give my regards to Buxton - beautiful part of the world Derbyshire. Still, u have the scenery at least we have a few birds over here ;)

i'm off birding for a change :bounce:

have a good un

It's all go here in Buxton today, Tim! Everyone is preparing for next weeks Well Dressing!!!

No booze last night mate, saving that for Greece winning Euro 2004 tomorrow!

booze?
ouzo more like. As i mentioned in Euro thread I lived in Greece and have an affinity with the people there - i really hope they can do it!

be careful at those pagan ceremonies Tom - ever seen the wicker man?

Tim Allwood said:
be careful at those pagan ceremonies Tom - ever seen the wicker man?

Me and a load of mates from once went to Alderley Edge on Halloween to see the legendary "witches" and join in the massive "pagan free open occult sex party" that we'd been told about... Needless to say we were disappointed. Incredibly sad I know.

We ended up having to retreat back to our older mates cars after getting bricks thrown at us by a load of really rough lads from Macclesfield and Pott Shrigley who apparently go there every year for huge pitched battles at the Edge!

We did meet a few girls from Knutsford though, but they just thought we were tw....

...err...

...Anymore news on this Thrush...?

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that these shots were taken from a tv. I expect footage was taken on a video camera to get more magnification and a basic digicam used to capture off screen, many people don't have the ability to get direct stills from videocams.

My brother in law took a video of the bird and asked me if I knew what it was. All I could do to get a still was run the video on the TV and take a still from there with my digicam. The location is Sudbury in Derbyshire. I live less than a mile away as the crow flies and I saw the same bird in my garden the same week but didn't have my camera to hand. Hope this clears it up for you all. Thanks for the link, i'll take a look at it.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back