• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with excel - please !! (1 Viewer)

Many many thanks to all for their kind help and suggestions - I am getting there !!

Jane I have Excel 2010. A simple guide would be great - emphasis on the word simple . . .

I didn't even have Excel installed on my new PC. Never could get my head round it. I can do all I need using Word and 'create a table'.

Sandra

Its hard to do the data manipulation in word Sandra... and perhaps its nerdy, but Ilike to be able to do things like this. Which just took me all of 40 seconds to produce

Attachments

• arctics.jpg
    arctics.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 69
  • juv poms.jpg
    juv poms.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 57
Yes Half months (AND & IFfunctions)

=IF(AND(J4=1,K4<15.5),1,0)*F4
Where J is month, K is day and F the total so in this case 1st half of January

I've just run a quick century filter though a couple of migrant warblers. Earlier spring arrival is quite obvious.

Attachments

• warbler passage.jpg
    warbler passage.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 37
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back