• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aol problems, mobile and iPad (1 Viewer)

Paul Hackett

Can anybody help?

I have a Sony Vaio with aol on, send and receive emails no problem, I have a Nokia N8 mobile and and an IPad, I can receive emails on these, but cannot send emails, anybody have any ideas on the cause of the problem, somebody has advised outgoing email settings, but after 3 nights on the net I am no closer to solving the problem

Desperate from Herts !

Hi Paul, your problem has to be in setup with your apple account. Suggest contact apple or go to one of their shops.

How are you keeping anyway?

Hi Paul, your problem has to be in setup with your apple account. Suggest contact apple or go to one of their shops.

How are you keeping anyway?

Thanks Robert, Apple online help has an error, have deleted my aol account 5 times in the hope off resetting problem, it looks as though it is the outgoing mail server settings but getting no joy on what I read on the net.

Paul

AOl if I recall uses P2P and it is possible I suppose that this is incompatible with Apple. My wife has an IPad and we experienced a multitude of problems setting up the Apple account. Got there though and no problems using the emails or accessing her Windows hotmail.

We did though have to use their direct help which for an initial period is a freephone system.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back