• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tips, Tricks and Questions for iPad users (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
I thought it would be good to have a thread on tips using the iPad. So feel free to add any of your tips ;)

Mine is, do you know that when you are at the bottom of a page, if you tap lightly on the status bar at top, the page automatically scrolls to the top?

I was amazed at how many long time users didn't know this.

When reading a book on the iPad, touching the left end of the progress bar at the bottom of the screen takes one back from the end notes to the appropriate part of the main text. Discovered this accidentally not long ago when slogging through a book bristling with end notes & life has been a lot easier ever since.

A very useful thread BTW.

Mine is to down load the free app "Top 100 Tips for ipad"!!

Loads of stuff I didnt know.

Great piece of kit - anything anyone uses re Birdforum? (apart from accessing site on the web).

Mine is when using the keyboard up arrow for a capital letter iPad only allows one capital letter. If you press both up arrows and briefly hold it will stay on capitals. Regards. Mike

Actually, if you hit just one "up arrow" twice quickly, you will be in the all cap mode. ;)

Also works for the iPhone. Very handy.

Just noticed KC that you no longer "love your Kindle". Same thing happened to me, ever since I got my iPad the Kindles (I have 2) just sit there gathering dust.

Last edited:
I still use my Kindles (2) especially at bedtime cause they're easier to hold. Downloaded the Kindle app to the iPad and I like getting around my books even more in the iPad now.

Okay, can anyone tell me how to do a true refresh on a web page on the iPad? Right now, the refresh just loads the same page with no new additions when there are new additions.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back